Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A rabbit called Jesus Christ

And here I am, sitting in the darkest corner of the room. Listening to voices. Loud voices coming from my head and bones. What are they? Are they calling me? Are they teasing me? Are the real are they not?
"You’re a rabbit," they say. "Your the white rabbit of the shire. Your the rabbit with long ears and fat belly."
"What’s my name", I ask.
"Jesus Christ. Your name is Jesus Christ."
"Because you’re carrying a child in you. There is a real human inside your rabbit belly. You are due tomorrow."

Away they went.
Then came the night and the cold winds.
I was left in the dark corner.

In the morning they came back.
"There’s a bed for you in the other room. Go there. Relieve yourself."

As I jumped towards the other room I felt pain in my stomach. The pain got worse and worse as the room got nearer and nearer. I entered the red small door of the room. Lay on the bed covered with white sheets of cotton and gave birth to the real human. I never did see it. The human. It was taken from me right after I woke up from the coma of great sleep of exhaustion. The sheets were bluish green and black from underneath. I felt my ears growing as they came back.

"We have taken the human to the safe place," they spoke.
"Where?"
"To the place where there is something that is called the Sun and something that is called the River and the Tree and the Garden. It is a place with air and atmosphere. And plants make photosynthesis and change and lash out oxygen for the human to breathe. The human now is waiting for the other human. And when it arrives, the mission is complete."
"Am i going to die now?"
"Do you feel like dying?""Yes. No. I don’t know. I feel like splitting in half, I feel like swallowing a sparrow of the Middle East. I feel like I am outside my skin in tears and pain. I don’t feel like myself anymore. "
"Come with us."
We went to the Marlboro land with the great rock-monsters called the Grand Canyon. Illusion after illusion. Vision of the world and the see and the blue sky. This is where the human was taken. They showed me where the human was taken. And I felt like myself again - a white rabbit with growing ears and slim belly. A rabbit called Jesus Christ.

No comments: